The prayers of the faithful are fragrances to the Spirit of our Heavenly Father. As we embrace the week ahead, we are calling on the faithful to pray diligently for us during our mission week of Camp Hope. We ask that you use the following template as a guide all the while asking God what to pray for as well. We don’t take your commitment to pray for us lightly and thank our God each and every time we remember that you are praying for us! “Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayers for Camp Hope
July 17-22, 2011
“For I know the plans I have for you; plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit will fill the camp for the week. Bind Satan from approaching the camp.
- Pray that campers and volunteers who do not know Jesus will accept Him as Lord and Savior.
- Pray that campers and volunteers will know that God protects them and has great plans for their lives.
- Pray that campers and volunteers who need renewal of life in Christ will repent, ask, and receive.
- Pray for safety for all traveling to and from camp and for all during activities during camp.
- Pray for fun for the campers, that children will have the freedom to be children.
- Pray that staff and volunteers will recognize when DFCS needs to be called into a home.
- Pray that additional campers will come forth to fill the camp slots available.
- Pray that the attendees of the upper camp, Leadership Training Academy, will sense a higher calling for their lives.
- Pray for discernment in assigning counselor and camper matches and for discernment for the staff and volunteers for the week.
- Pray that each of the daily Christian themes will be engraved upon on the campers’ hearts.
- Pray that $7,000 in donations will be received by camp start date to meet our Challenge Grant objective of $50,000.
Rev. Diane Parrish
President and Founder, kidz2leaders, inc.
Camp Transportation Help Still Needed!
One of the challenges for some of our Camp Hope families is transportation to and from camp. While we coordinate transportation from Mt. Bethel UMC, not all of our families have cars or are able to drive. We need a volunteer to help drive a 15-passenger van on Saturday, July 16. Please contact Cris Hunt if you are able to help. Thank you!
- “The Week That Changed My Life” (carrythecross156.wordpress.com)