Lee Circuit Judge Edward Volz has issued an order denying convicted killer Kevin Foster’s latest effort to overturn his death sentence.
Foster, ringleader of the Lords of Chaos, was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death in 1998 for the 1996 murder of Riverdale High School band teacher Mark Schwebes.
Assistant State Attorneys Jennifer Gutmore and David Maijala handled the post-conviction proceedings.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of the case and believe that it is just,” Gutmore said in a statement.
To read the complete statement and Judge’s findings, go here: Foster Order
- Lords of Chaos ringleader’s fate now up to judge (barefootpreachr.org)
- Doctors testify about killer’s mental health (barefootpreachr.org)
- Defense team for Lords of Chaos’ Foster testifies at hearing (barefootpreachr.org)
- Former Lords of Chaos leader back in court – NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida (barefootpreachr.org)
- Proceedings end for day in Lords of Chaos ringleader Foster’s appeal hearing (barefootpreachr.org)