Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. For this eternal truth I’ve got a little bit of wisdom to share with some of my young (and young at heart!) friends. Pay attention! They may help you live longer 😉
- Forget the health food. You need all the preservatives you can get!
- When you fall down, think about what else you can do while you’re down there. (A reminder – don’t waste the space you’re in, do something with what you’ve got where you are!)
- You’re getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster. (No matter which stage of life you are in – let go and enjoy the ride!)
- It’s frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions. (Share the wisdom anyway, you never know who might be listening!)
- Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician. (So enjoy that afternoon nap, it can help you keep up a youthful appearance!)
- Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
- Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. (And don’t forget what it was like to be 16!)
- Wrinkles don’t hurt. (Though it’s important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle!) 😉
- Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, but better with a few nuts. (’nuff said.)
- Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground.
- Sapere Aude. (Dare to be wise.)
- Laughing is good exercise. (It’s like jogging on the inside.)
- Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
- Don’t worry about avoiding temptation – as you grow older, it starts avoiding you!
- Finally – At my age, in dog years, I’m dead! (The bright side is – I’m not a dog!)