Church Arts Program for the Community


Montage of Atlanta images. From top to bottom ...

Image via Wikipedia

It brings me so much joy when I read announcements such as what this church is doing to reach out to the community! A wonderful example of denominations working together to be the church.

The Friendship Center’s arts program meets every Tuesday and Thursday during regularly scheduled program hours. The actual studio spaces are hosted by another church down the street, but the Friendship Center does provide transportation from our main campus to those studios. On Tuesdays and Thursdays a bus leaves from the Friendship Center at 10:30 a.m. (after the free community breakfast!). That bus returns to the main campus around 12:15. Most participants then stay for the free community lunch that is served at 12:30.

The Friendship Center’s art programs provide opportunities for folks to express themselves creatively and to produce various artistic pieces through our drawing, painting, weaving, ceramics, and wood working studios. While most participants self-manage their art projects there are volunteers in each of the studios who are available to provide guidance and instruction.

All of these services are free. There is no charge to participate. Also, if a piece of art is sold then 75% of the proceeds of that sale are paid to the artist. The other 25% of the proceeds are used to reimburse program expenses.

Special thanks East Atlanta community for supporting this program – especially Woodland Hills Baptist Church for hosting the studio spaces. As always, neighbors and other friends are welcome to help us as volunteers.

The Church of the Holy Comforter, Atlanta Georgia
The Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta

Advertisements

Share your thoughts ~ YOU are important here!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s