Most of us know that scripture calls us to visit those who are in prison (Matthew 25:31-46). Some of us think we may be suited to criminal justice ministry, while others are cynical or hostile to the thought of sharing mercy with the incarcerated. But there are a number of social and spiritual benefits to this ministry.
A few of these are:
• To help an inmate function more positively within the prison environment.
• To offer a connection between the community and inmates.
• To aid and support families of inmates.
• To prepare inmates for re-entry into society (physically, mentally, morally and spiritually).
• To offer practical re-entry assistance to (Read the full article at: BarefootPreachr.org)
Dear Reader: You may have noticed that I have moved my blog to a new site (kind of). If you would like to continue following the blog, please go to: http://barefootpreachr.org/ and sign-up to receive email updates or to follow along as a wordpress fellow blogger. There is a place on the top of the right hand column for you to fill in your email address and then click on the “follow” button.
I pray that you are blessed, as I am by your support and comments.
- Ministry in the Criminal Justice System (barefootpreachr.org)